Things I hate about the iPhone, in no particular order:
- No support for third party, native apps.
- Exchange support requires IMAP. Why not support the RPC mechanism?
- Notes don’t sync to anything meaningful on the computer(!!!).(But this is fixed in Leopard.)
- No support for third party, native apps. Oh, I already said that?
- EDGE is okay but 3G is better. Technically more of a wistful sigh than a hate.
- Mobile Safari crashes for no apparent reason from time to time.
- No podcasts available from the WiFi Music Store.
- Easily the most annoying for me: no Keychain Utility.
- No Adobe Flash support? Seriously? Rarrrgh, Hulk mad!
- WPA Enterprise is not supported for WiFi (only WPA Personal).
- Can’t play (most) audio and video attachments in email.
- Easily the most disappointing: no IM client.See also: No support for third party, native apps.
- No way to use music created in Garage Band, et al. as a ringtone.
You will note that I am not mentioning, and nor will I mention, anything about the wireless carrier. That’s a religious war, not a technical issue, and frankly it’s not a problem for me. (Draw your own conclusions on that statement, as you please.)
Don’t fret, dear reader, I have another list of things for part 2: iLove the iPhone.
UPDATE, via TUAW: Apple: “we plan to have an iPhone SDK in developers’ hands in February”This is getting spooky. Steve Jobs, are you reading my blog?
UPDATE 2: Oh yeah. Added “ringtones” above.
UPDATE 3: Notes don’t sync.